Sunday, October 7, 2012

I'm just going to say it..

I really love shows like Project Runway and America's Next Top Model. And I'm not entirely sure why. I think it has to do with the fact that they make/wear these great clothes and do snazzy things with hair and makeup. There's something about watching people make clothes or take great pictures that is purely magical.  It almost makes me want to learn how to do that myself.
If I were to design clothes, I would purposefully design for plus-sized people. And there's a very good reason why. I'm so annoyed with the fact that as a plus-sized woman most of the clothes I can find in my size are not flattering at all, or look relatively the same. And I don't think that's fair to the people who can't help their size. I'm not talking about those who got that way because of unhealthy diets and/or unhealthy lifestyles, those people could change it. No, I mean those people who are unable to lose weight no matter what they do. Everyone has the right to look good in the clothes they have. And they also shouldn't have to pay extra for it. So not only would I design clothes that looked good, they would cost effective too. Where you don't have to spend $100 on a single outfit. Or you don't have to go out of your way to go to a store that carries any clothes that fit you.
I also wish that in modeling when they say plus-size model, she actually is plus-sized rather than just about a size 10 or whatever the size is. If there were more plus-sized models, there would be more chances to model the good looking plus-sized clothes, am I right?
Curves are healthy too you know. And just as beautiful. Besides, size and attractiveness will get you so far, it's who you are and how you treat people that will get you anywhere you want to be. Or at least, it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment