Thursday, October 25, 2012

I may have posted this on Facebook, but I want to elaborate on it.

I am not liking this upcoming election. I wish that third parties actually would make it, but that rarely happens. And I do not like either of the two main candidates. I shouldn't have to feel like I'm choosing between the lesser of two evils. I should fully support the person I'm voting for and feel like they will do well for this country. And not get stopped by Congress at every turn either. I'm just so sick of these people who control our freedoms putting their freedom and their wealth and their specific agendas before the well-being of the entire US population. Something really needs to change, but I'm not sure who is going to do that and be able to make it stick.
We need someone who is willing to put aside their wealth and freedoms so that our country can be saved. It's falling apart with how things are now. I almost wish we would have a complete overhaul of Congress too while we're at it. Get rid of those who don't have the best interests of the country as their driving motivation. Maybe only let those who don't lie and manipulate things to get what they want in. It's a sad day when we are proclaimed to be one of the "free-est" countries in the world when really we're giving up freedoms left and right.

No comments:

Post a Comment