Thursday, October 18, 2012

Clifford the Big Red Dog

One of the first things that bugs me about Clifford are some of the characters on the show. There's this girl Jetta and her dog Mack. And they are not nice at all. They are rather snooty and can't stand when anyone has more attention than they do. Everyone knows this about them, yet everyone is still friends with them. What is this show teaching children? Is it teaching them that you can be a complete and total brat and rude to  other people and everyone will still like you? Because that's what it feels like to me. Almost every single episode they are in, they are constantly tearing someone down, and even though they get called out on it, everyone is all, "Oh it's okay. You learned your lesson, let's play." and then they do the same thing the next episode. If kids did this in the real world, they wouldn't have any friends after the third or fourth time they did such things. I mean really, who wants to be friends with someone who is constantly making you feel or look bad? I don't nor do I want any child to have to go through that.
Another thing about Jetta and Mack that bugs me is the fact that they seem to be much better off than any of the other characters. I'm not upset that they appear to be rich, it's the fact that they are the stereotypical sort of rich. Not all people who are well off are snooty mean people. Why can't there be more characters that are well off and nice? It does happen. Stop perpetuating this idea that if you have money, you must be a terrible person. It's not always the case.
At the moment, this is all I can think about for Clifford, but I know there are more things that bug me.

No comments:

Post a Comment