Friday, October 19, 2012

Super WHY

I have quite a few issues with this show. The whole point of the show is for the kids to get answers to their problems from books. Well, it would be a great idea IF the questions that the kids needed help with weren't questions that they would already know the answer to if their parents had been teaching them well. "My friends are sad because I have apples and I don't want to give any away, what should I do?" "The answer is: share!" I kid you not, that's an episode. It wasn't a case of they were just being selfish, oh no, that would be acceptable. No, she really didn't know. And a good majority of the "Super big problems" are really things that kids should already know.
Another minor sort of thing that bugs me. The main character is named Wyatt, so that's why he's Super Why... Really, a most terrible name. But there's more to Wyatt that bugs me. Every one of the other characters are either the fairy tale character themselves OR they're the child of one of them, but not Wyatt, oh no. He's just the much younger brother of Jack from Jack and the Beanstalk. Yet he gets to lead Red Riding Hood, the son of one of the The Three Little Pigs, the daughter of the Princess from the Princess and the Pea, and in newer episodes his dog.... I don't understand the logic behind this.. It makes no sense.
Really, this show is like a Canadian less annoying Dora the Explorer.

3 comments:

  1. How many kids do you know at that age who actually listen to their parents? Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Good point. And woo! First comment award goes to you!

      Delete
    2. Oh, and as far as who leads them, what gives any of them the right to lead over any other? Maybe it was his idea. Sorry, Brandon and I have these conversations all the time.

      Delete