Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Words Everywhere


 Sometimes I get all these words in my head that just want to come out. I don't know what to do with them. So they just kinda sit there, staring each other down like this big showdown of ideas. “You think you're the best baddest idea there ever was, huh? Well that's where you're wrong! I'm so much more idea-filled than you will ever be!” Spewing all these nonsensical threats that go nowhere but are mildly entertaining to listen to in my head. And then what am I supposed to DO with these ideas and words and snippets of conversations? Am I supposed to transpose them into some awesome novelly-like thing or just think them and be relatively smug in my brain's attempt at awesomeness? I really don't know. So that's why I'm here. Fingers just flying over the keyboard writing the words down as they trickle out of my brain into incoherent thoughts. Not sure what I’m doing or why I’m doing it, but I am. I'm just doing it and doing it with pizazz.
Sometimes the words and things I come up with when my brain is going a hundred miles an hour are so cleverly wonderful that it makes me want to just say them out loud and share it with the world. But I don't really know how. Like a lot of people would go and be stand-up comedians or something with all these wordy gems, but I don't think I could do that nor would I really want to. I don't even know if I want to be a writer. All of my best work has been stuff that just sorta happened. Things that I literally just sat down and wrote them as the thoughts came to me. The problem is that I don't ever have any ideas where to go after that. I get stuck in this rut where I don't know how to continue or even how to form these snippets of fun into anything remotely resembling prose of any kind. Heck, half the time I try to say things like this but they don't sound the same out loud as they do in my head or on a sheet of paper. And what is up with that? Why are some things so much better in thoughts or on paper than if you spoke them aloud? Isn't language supposed to be fluid enough to make them both equally viable options?
And this is why I am starting a blog. For no other purpose than to have a place to put said word explosions and have them go out and be free to roam about as they please. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment